Guys, What does it mean when a guy who can't even meet in person sends you videos/selfies?

Anonymous
First off sorry for my English! Little did I know about this guy but I was smittened by his appearance at the very first sight. So I secretly had a crush on this guy and we got to make out at the house party which went very close to sex. At that moment I turned him down because I had to leave the country in 3 days. We just ended up chatting until we fell asleep. Before that night, everything we used to say was 'hey'.

more than a year has gone by and he still hits me up - sending selfies (only his face)/ random videos like his apartment playing our fav songs, DJing a song that was played when we bumped into each other, his friends hanging w him, his dog and so forth - only like twice a month. When I text him back, he only goes like ☺️ or 🙃 or🥰or 😘 and nothing futher ensued.

+ actually Im aware he started to go out with his ex at some point and he also fell in love with someone else after I left his country - but he kept on hitting me up this way. Moreover we once had a small quarrel on the phone (because I seriously was offensive). He doesn't like every post I make on insta but checks my ig story within 10 mins with no exception.

factoring in the whole situation above, why is he still hitting me up now and then? Maybe just breadcrumbing? :(
sorry that I rambled on.. too long a post indeed 😂
4