I have very few friends and I'm not very social, yet my boyfriend is chatty, outgoing, and seems upset that I'm not more like him. What should I do?

Anonymous
Basically, I am by nature an introvert and I have a lot of loner tendencies. I was never abused or teased, but I have always had a preference for doing things alone and on my own terms. I remember even hanging out by myself most days in preschool.
My boyfriend, on the other hand, is really social and likes chatting with almost everyone he interacts with. He mentioned that he found it odd that I didn't socialize more and that it bothered him.
What should I do? I like being with him, but I don't like spending time with others, mostly. When I have free time, I prefer painting, working on my side business, playing my keyboard, and eating out alone, not chatting, brunching with friends, or shooting the shit.
2
2