How can I tell if a guy is nice to my face but mean behind my back?

Anonymous
there’s this guy who comes off so sweet and kind and genuine, and when we talk it’s like we’re friends or something. Like I think we have an amicable relationship but to me he just seems really nice however his actions tell me different and I’m actually starting to wonder if he’s only nice to my face and mean behind my back. Like he would offer me rides, but then doesn’t follow through with it. And he tells me he’ll come my work but also doesn’t follow through with it. Like he’ll say all these sweet things, or act like we’re friends but never makes any effort in keeping in touch with me, so in a way I’m confused he acts as if we’re all friends and comes off as if he’s into me; but then his actions show the opposite. So do you think he’s only nice to my face and mean behind my back? Like I want to confront him about it and be like why do you make it seem like we’re friends or you want to be friends but then make no effort or anything to actually stay in touch with me? maybe he’s just being polite cause deep down he doesn’t really like me but there’s no need to act so friendly and sweet all the time if you don’t like that person. So I’m just confused and don’t know what to do.
1
1