Why does he keep pressurising me to go out with him when I don’t want to?

Anonymous
I’ve been speaking to this guy on Instagram I don’t know him personally but we have mutual connections. We also happened to match on a dating site. I see him as more of a friend to confide in so recently opened up to him about a bad experience I had with a guy on a dating site and he gave me advice. Then afterwards he kept pushing me to meet up with him and go out with him. He kept saying ‘you’ll let that guy take you out but you don’t even give me a chance even though we matched on the dating site’ which made me feel challenged. He also told me to come off the dating site and to stop matching with guys and to focus on myself but at the same time ‘give him a shot’. He wouldn’t stop asking me out even though I more or less said to him I’m not interested in dating him, and he just keeps messaging me back saying ‘don’t keep me waiting’

why can’t he take no for an answer, and keeps pressurising me to go out with him? Is this a red flag?
3
0