Why did a guy comment that nobody was interest in me a few years ago?

5000pts
Randomly I just got curious about why so many people who I knew as children have told me that I changed drastically from how I used to be. I have been told by a lot of my peers, friends, and family that I have changed. Just a simple “you changed.” I was the quiet kid and I was also very shy even in high school. So I just decided to ask Facebook “why do people I went to high school keep telling me I changed? Lol”

my cousin responded and said it’s bc I’m more social than I used to be. And then someone who I was associates with (who also asked me to prom but I declined bc I didn’t think I could go) said that nobody was checking for me back then. “Checking for” basically means “interested in.”Anyway, his response was confusing to me bc my curiosity wasn’t really pertaining to the level of interest people have in me now compared to then. But what he said caught my attention bc what he basically said was “people from high school keep telling you that you have changed because back in high school people were not interested in you.” And I guess my curiosity is bc I don’t know what he was getting at by saying that. I am not offended, this is someone I considered to be an old friend. His comment just seems kind of vague and random
2
1