Is it weird to ask out my crush from work if I'm really shy and reserved?

faraway566
Some background im a 21 year old guy working in a retail job. I would have gone off to college by now if not for COVID-19, but for the foreseeable future I'm here at this job. I've gone on only 2 dates before and never actually asked a girl out in person.

I've had a crush on one girl at work for quite a while but we never worked together and I'm pretty shy so we never talked. Recently I got moved up to full-time and she got moved to my department so me and her have worked together more and have had a lot more interactions.

I've made her laugh a few times with comments about work and we've had conversations, but they usually involve some other co worker. That being said, she has directly made jokes to me sometimes. Its hard for me to tell if she likes me, or has a neutral opinion and I'm reading too deeply into small signs. Regardless, I really want to conquer my shyness and fear of asking out a crush.

So, would it be bizarre to ask her out right now? Or should I try to become better friends with her first then ask her out? I don't really want to wait too long but I will if it gives me a better chance. Thanks in advance.
Yes
No
You should ask even though she'll probably say no
Vote C
GirlGuy
1
4