What would you do if your husband period shamed you in front of your son?

Anonymous
My 11 year old son asked me about why women have periods like what actually happens to cause this. So I explained briefly that the lining of the womb thickens etc. I kept it brief.

As I was trying to explain this my husband shouted in from the kitchen ” OMG what are you telling him” I replied “ I am explaining the menstrual cycle to him”
He shouted back “ Oh stop he doesn’t want to hear about THAT, eurgh poor boy”
I was trying to explain it briefly to my son but had to keep stopping to respond to my husband. I said back “ no he asked me ok, he wants to know”

So my husband walked in and as I was explaining he looked at my son with raised eyebrows and a disgusted look on his face and mouthed “ eurgh”

I said “‘excuse me what is wrong with you I am just explaining this to him stop being immature” and my son had to say “ what’s the problem dad”

then he completely denied he had a problem. I explained to my son that unfortunately periods are a taboo subject for some men and my son was confused.
my husband then shouted “ oh I know that’s aimed at me “
I ignored my husband and tried to have a mature conversation with my son. In the end my husband kept going on so much about how I was being mean and digging him out. In the end I said “ look your behaviour is quite frankly a bit pathetic “
he denies everything and is now sulking in the bedroom. He has called me aggressive and man hating. My poor son is embarrassed for him.

i don’t know what to do or how to tackle this. I want a positive role model for my son who saw his dad overreacting and I’m worried that he’s not going to have any respect for him
7
3