Is he (21M) interested in me (20F) as a friend or something more?

Anonymous
I knew this guy a few months ago. We quickly become good friends. We have gone out together for a hike, baking, cooking, attending events, visiting museums/art galleries, movie marathon, and staying overnight. A week ago, he sounded a bit down when I said I would reject if someone was interested in dating me after mentioning I would never date or marry. I went to his house for staying overnight, he hugged behind my back and hold my hand when I was cooking. He walked me home another day and asked for a hug. I hugged him and said he was a good friend. He told me he woke up crying the other day because he felt so good for hearing about that. He said he likes being appreciated but he is scared to discover his feelings more. We have planned to do many things in the future like going to watch the vintage movie, concerts, and trips besides that.
2
1