Why would a guy talk to you for hours every day for months and then get cold after you sleep together?

Nikki8080
I talked to this guy during covid. We’ve known each other for years but were always in other relationships and started talking right when the pandemic started. He went to stay out of state but still talked to me for hours every day for six months. He came back into town and we finally saw each other and hooked up. He gave me this whole speech on how I was his dream girl, he’s liked me for so many years etc. after that we made plans to hang out and he got wishy washy and blew me off. I went from being a priority to not existing. We haven’t talked in a month until he slid into my DM’s to reply “hot” to one of my stories and I didn’t say anything back. I just don’t understand how you can talk to someone every day and then just stop all contact without really stating why. Like I’m sure there are other girls and other factors like distance, this pandemic, etc. but I feel attached and it’s taken every fiber of my being to not reach out and I don’t get how he can not reach out and then a month later all I get is a stupid DM that doesn’t say much besides “you look good” Like is it safe to assume he doesn’t care about me and I’m the only one attached?
6
3