Pls help am I doing the right thing to see if he likes me or not?

ajkajk
So I've been talking to this guy for 2 weeks, We met for a drink once and ever since that we've been texting everyday, problem is he only reply my texts 2-3times everyday although it's always a really long texts with questions. He's been talking about going out for dinner, he asked me last Friday but he also canceled due to work.

I feel like as a guy if he wants to see me he'll make effort, if he likes me he'll wants to talk more often. Am I right for thinking so? I just feel like this is boring, he doesn't like me and this is going nowhere. The problem is I lowkey like him, so if there's a chance he might like me but shy or etc, I want to work on it. So just now I decided to just reply his texts short without asking questions. He also replied slightly longer with details but no more asking questions. I plan to just left him on read, bc I think if he likes me he really need to show more? but what if what I'm doing just made me seem uninterested and push him away?
4
2