Has he friendzoned me or did I unknowingly friendzoned him?

Anonymous
I’m asking because I’ve been talking to this guy for over a month now. I’ve been very cordial with him since day 1. Almost too warm and friendly I’d say, but that’s just how I am. I never start talking to someone with the intention of being in a relationship with them. No forced interactions or going out of my way to flirt.

He has maintained this same kind of composure, though I can’t tell if it’s because he friendzoned me or he gets the feeling that I friendzoned him so he’s matching my energy. He will occasionally compliment me on my looks and praise my intelligence— he told me recently that he needs to vaguely impress because I have standards. I’m not sure what this means, but I take it as a good thing.

My question is: do men go out of their way to talk, compliment and carry long conversations with women they’re not interested in? Is this a case of me getting friendzoned? If not, how do I break this barrier we’ve both built? We hung out twice and right now he’s out of the city and won’t be returning for 2 weeks.
3
0