Why when I offered this guy an out to not go without me why didn’t he take it?

Anonymous
So this guy that I like is a busy actor and had told me 3 weeks ago that in the beginning of April he wanted to take me on a date, and asked me to pencil him into my schedule. Well its 7 days into April and still no date. 5 days ago I had told him you seem like you have a lot on your plate with work these days so I just wanted to let you know we don’t have to go out on a date I will totally understand. After I sent him that text he got upset and was like what do you mean? I had told him don’t worry about it I’m just giving you an out if you want it. And he was who said I wanted an out I was really eager to go out with you and we will go out it will be another week. Then he started calling me because I hadn’t responded right away. But yet its all ready 2 days away from being a week and he has not reached out to me about a date. If he didn’t like or was not that into me wouldn’t he take the out I gave him? I just don’t understand and don’t know what to think at this point its very confusing and hurtful
1
0