His friend told me that he spoke behind my back, should I take this with a pinch of salt or no?

Anonymous
Gossip
Gossip
Back story - I liked this guy for a while and he knew this. There was chemistry between us and a lot of tension. We spoke quite a bit. However, he was taking too long to move things forward such as going on dates. Eventually I cut ties with him. I ended up getting back in contact with him months down the line and he was sweet at first and wanted to help me out with something. Not long after, I cut things off with him again because I noticed him attempting to play mind games.

After a while, me and a mutual friend met each other a few times. We ended up speaking about the guy I initially mentioned in the question. Our mutual friend asked why he wouldn’t take me serious and he said because of a rumour. Our mutual friend also asked why he was speaking to me in the first place, which he replied “it wasn’t like that, I do that with loads of girls”, basically implying it was never romantic (just physical gains... sex) and he does the same with other girls.
Moving on... Although I was confused on what the guy felt for me initially, a part of me guessed that he did like me to some degree. He messaged me a lot and I also got on well with him when it was just me and him. If I ignored him, he made the effort to get a response from me. If I went on dates, he would post indirects. He offered to help me with my career also. Even when I stopped speaking to him, he constantly asked our mutual friend about me. However, after this talk our mutual friend told me I should stay away from him.

I’m not sure on whether or not the guy meant what he said or he just said it because he was upset about me cutting him off. What makes me think that he could have just said those things out of anger or spite is because we spoke for months and there was a small connection being built upon, so how could he not have at least some feelings. However, what makes me doubt that theory is that fact he said those horrible things in the first place. What’s your take?
0
1