Should I cut off contact with this guy?

Anonymous
I added this guy on social media because we had a few mutual friends. He was very intense with me from the start, and sent me a message straight away, asking if I'd be interested in coming up to visit him, and saying that we should connect via a face time call soon. I ignored his initial messages because I found them very intense and too forward as we'd never met, and then a week later, he messaged me with a job vacancy, asking me if I'd be interested in applying. I got back to him and said I'd be interested in the job, and if he would help me with my CV, and then he told me he'd need to speak to me over the phone to discuss the CV. So I spoke to him on the phone, and then he started talking about other topics, like the gym, and exercise and it felt like he was trying to get to know me on a more personal level.

Then I agreed to visit him, and we had been speaking for weeks, he seemed so keen and asked me if I wanted to visit him any earlier. We had a video call and it seemed to go really well. He was telling me of all the places we'd visit when I came down to see him. He was complimenting all my photos, and sending me messages all day saying what we would do together, and the places we would visit. On a typical day, he'd sent me an email, and like all my old social media posts, send me lots of messages throughout the day. Then, randomly out of the blue, he went completely cold, and then changed the nature of our conversation to a professional way, and sent me another job suggestion.

Since then, I'm feeling so insecure that I've put him off in some way. It feels like really bizarre behavior, and I can't get my head around any of it. No one has ever acted that keen in me to begin with, only to completely shut off and go cold on me. The relationship went from him being really forward with me in the beginning and intense, to just cutting off from me, and going completely cold.

Is this strange behaviour? Should I cut off contact?
Should I cut off contact with this guy?
1
1