Why does he keep requesting pictures of me randomly and how do I get him to stop respectfully?

Anonymous
Ok, so I met a guy on Omegle (a video chatting platform to meet strangers) and he seemed really chill and I enjoyed our convo so we exchanged numbers. We started texting and at first I had assumed our friendship was platonic until he requested a picture of me a week in of first meeting eachother. At first I ignored the request, but eventually sent him a photo of myself. A couple days later he confessed that he liked me.

Anyway I told him I wasn’t sure I felt the same (as we just were getting to know eachother) plus I doubted a relationship was even feasible considering I live in Iowa and he lives all the way in NY. Anyways after that almost every single time we chatted, he would ask me to send a photo of myself which I absolutely despised. I give in once or twice and sent him photos. And he eventually asked me why I disliked sending my photos. I explained it made me uncomfortable especially because I never met him in life and people misuse pictures (The photos I sent were non sexual by the way) he apologized for requesting before.

anyway even after all that he would still request photos! He asked me last week, and I ignored his message completely out of annoyance.

Can someone please explain why guys are so obsessed with photos? He has a handful of pictures of me already but it seems like he can never have enough and I hate taking pictures. I understand he’s interested in me romantically and I’ve flirted back before so am I wrong for doing so?
4
0