How long can a guy lust for a girl?

Anonymous
I have this friend, him and I have been friends for the past 6 years. I guess in the sense we are friends with benefits also. Currently, we are long distant but help fulfil that need in other ways. Anyway, him and I have talked to each other for 6 years. Even dated in the past.
I think I love him and he only lusts for me. I've tried multiple times trying to talk to him about our friendship, boundaries and feelings but he never seems interested.
I love having him in my life, he's great support. Though he doesn't really tell me all that much about his life but I think half of that is because he's not really chatty.
Things have been going great but all of a sudden he's been pulling away. I don't know why. And yes we both still have sex with other people.

I think I love him while he only lusts for me. But can a guy really lust after a woman for 6 years?
How long can a guy lust for a girl?
2
0