Guy I'm interested in introduced me to his friends but acted kind of distant?

Anonymous
So this guy I'm interested in invited me out with him and his friends, which I took as a good sign that he plans to keep me in his life, but he acted more distant towards me than he usually is, and spent more time with his friends than with me, so I'm wondering if any of you guys could tell me what that means?
We did a stare at each other a lot and chatted here and there, and he said he was glad I came, but other than that, he didn't really show much interest or try anything.

Why would he invite me out and introduce me to his friends at all if he weren't interested? From what I've read about guys, if he were interested, he'd have wanted to spend more time with me, but then again, he hadn't seen his friends in a while or had any time off, so it makes sense he'd want to spend time with them and just hang out and have a good time.

Also, one of his friends was very surprised to hear we hadn't known each other for long at all, so that made me think he isn't in the habit of bringing girls to meet them, which gives me hope but also makes me even more confused.

So, guys, would you bring a girl you haven't known for long to meet your friends if you weren't interested? I'm not good with these things, so any advice, thoughts, comments would be much appreciated!
2
0