What happens when your hope for your dream fades as time goes on?

Anonymous
Because your dream is not happening?

Like I want to be a SAHM and wife. For years i have dreamt of this and prepared for it by learning to cook, being a better cleaner etc. Just trying to become a good woman who can do the job of a stay at home wife. I waited for years for it to happen. I still want it. But my hope as in me thinking its afoot and just around the corner... Yeah thats fading. My hope is just slowly dying i guess.

Earlier on the thought of it got me excited and I would have daydreams about how it would be like and look forward to the days.

Now i dont really do that as much.

Now i just had to accept reality which is that i am and have been a totally single woman for years, know no good eligible men, and just work at my min wage job until who knows when. And the futurenor hope for the future doesn't excite me anymore.

I remember a older man at work saying he used to want what i wanted... a family...

Now i see why he said that. At first i thought 'oh come on its not too late. You can always get a wife and start a family.' Now i see the reality is that you can't control whether you meet a good and compatible person or when... You can't just control your life or other people. Its not JUST up to you to have your dream of a family come true.
3
3