Do you ever feel sorry for narcissist attention seekers and then give them what they want only to be abused even more as a reward?

Anonymous
Do you often feel sorry for people who seek attention? I find that I often feel bad for guys at work who are attention seekers and it leads me to giving them what they want. then they start abusing me more. I feel sorry for the wrong people.

In starting to think i should not indulge attention seeker behavior at all.

For example this jerk boss at my job (he's not my direct boss thank goodness) had some dinosaur toy in his hand & pretended it was eating the shelf in front of me. I giggled. I often laugh out of politeness. Or people pleasing. Or maybe i just find everything funny (this is accurate) and am a cheerful person. Or maybe all 3.

Or one time he said something rude, you know how people think being mean is a punchline thanks to supbar "comedy" tv shows. I don't know. Its just stupid. And i paid him attention. Not cause it was funny or interesting. I wasn't even hurt. I was just being polite. I guess i feel like if someone's asking for attention then they need it and then I give it in some way.

There was a guy at work who ended up sexually and mentally abusing me for over a year. It statted as him acting goofy and silly. At first inside i was thinking wow he seems young and this is cringey so I feel bad and I will cover up for him and my second hand embarassment by pretending he's doing a good job. But as usual i giggle and act like the person in front of me is great. Good job monkey!

And it snowballed into him basically taking out his anger against his mom and women on me because i dont fight back or report abusers. FOR 1+ YEARS. There was so much stupid selfish evil stuff he said or did to me during that time and I usually would keep giving him some form of attention. Which is what he wanted. I feel embarassed now knowing this.
3
3