I’m dating a guy who said he’s a football player and I can’t find his details online, could he be lying?

Anonymous
I don’t watch or know anything about football so that’s why. I searched him up and I can see he’s played for several 2nd division teams but the team he told me he’s now playing for, I can’t find anything about him being a player for that team on the internet. He said he was suspended because he had drugs in his system but he’ll be able to go back in a few months time so he’s still on contract. It’s a team based in Spain but we’re based in Liverpool I don’t speak Spanish. I’ve looked everywhere but I don’t see anything, I saw a different team that he was signed on a few months ago but that’s it. Is there an explanation why it’s not there or does it mean he’s lying, I don't know how football works whether it’s all public information or not.
He said feel free to look him up as well so I’m confused 😐 don’t want to be lied to
4
2