Guys, Been seeing him for a min. But he's Whispering that he's trying to fix things with baby mama to his dad why?

Anonymous
Been seeing this guy for a little over a month. His living arrangements have been kinda weird. He still lives with current baby mama. And she knows about me. And prior to me getting with this dude. Her and I both liked each other. She ended it with my dude and he's aware of her new boyfriend.
Well to day he invited me over to chill. And we all three all chilled and like smoked. Her and I chatted and everything was fine. Then at the end I felt the vibe was getting all weird. When I was finally taken home.
I didn't hear from him for. Bit. He then text me and claim's to be like talking to her cause. Her new boyfriend just dumped her all of a sudden and she's being all sad. Then I don't hear from him for bout another 45 mins and he starts the conversation onto him asking to come get me and take me there. I come in and she's sleeping and he wakes her up for work. She gets ready then leaves.
Then him and I are chilling couple hours later. And I hear this knock on the door. It's his dad and their talking bout there family problems. (My dude hasn't seen his other kid's cause of his current baby mama problems) And his dad saids something and my dude responded with whispering that he's trying to fix things with his (baby's mama name). His dad saids something then leaves all angryI don't understand why he'd whisper it? And I don't know why he wouldn't like throw in the fact that there separated. And stuff I wouldn't even been mad at him not mentioning me.. I get it. But like what's going on?
2