Struggling to understand this guys behavior, which is also making me quite sad?

Anonymous
I met him online, we had a great conversation and really seemed a good match. He soon asked me to see each other for a drink, i said yes and told him the evenings I was free, after which, he unmatched me. He matched me again a few weeks later, I wrote to him, and he unmatched me without replying.
A few weeks later, we bumped into each other at a friends birthday, which turned out being a mutual friend. At the party, he was extremely nice to me and gave some quite clear signs of interest. One week later, he matched me again. We talked a bit about the party and than he told me he’d still like to go out with me. I said I’d like to as well, and he unmatched me again. At which I asked our mutual friend for his number and wrote to him a very kind message (in my opinion) in which I told him that I’d be happy to go for a drink with him and we don’t need to consider it as dating, that I find him a cool person and I’d like to finish the conversation we had started. I really tried not to be pushy or anything and to respect his spaces and the fact he seems not to be that interested. He never replied. I’m really not getting it.
8
2