Why do guys always assume that I’m interested in them and preemptively reject me? I’m not flirtatious or touchy-feely?

Anonymous
#1
I started a new job and my team lead (31M) invited me to lunch with the rest of our team. I had an enjoyable time. My TL continued to invite me to lunch with the team. We would discuss television shows, restaurants, and general small talk. About 3 weeks later, one of his friends pulled me aside and told me that my team lead liked me as a person, but he doesn’t get involved with colleagues. I became distant w/ him after this. Months later when he found out I was dating someone, he got upset and kept asking questions about the relationship.

#2
My friend (27M) and I went to a bar. This guy wouldn’t take the hint that I wasn’t interested and began to get pushy. I then told him as I got near my guy friend that I was here with my “boyfriend” then the guy backed off. The next day, my friend texted me and told me that I made him uncomfortable by calling him my “BF” and let me know that we were just friends. Though I thought it was obvious what I was doing and thought he understood as well, I explained why I did so. He said that he understood, but he just wants us to act as friends. A year later, a lady mistook us for being a couple and he ranted on for 10 minutes about how he only sees me as a friend.

#3
My friend (from #2) has a BDay dinner. I got there late and sat in an uncomfortable spot at the table. One of my friend’s friends put a chair beside him and offered me a seat. He started a conversation with me and I tried to continue the conversation, then he began to appear uncomfortable and gave curt responses so I ended the conversation and moved elsewhere. A few days later, I asked my friend what was wrong with his friend and my friend revealed that his friend felt like I was flirting with him and he has a girlfriend. Despite the fact that this happened almost 2 years ago, that his friend goes out of his way to avoid me whenever he sees me although I don’t interact with him. He will say things to me, then give me this weird look when I respond.
2
0