Why would a guy friendzone me but keep everything the same except sex?

Anonymous
Yes, you read that correctly. A guy that I like a lot said that we should go back to be friends only and no sex. We met about 3 months ago and really hit it off. Hung out all the time. Talked all the time and became close. I complained a time or two about wanting to see him more. He didn't like that so that's what ended us. Anywho, I assumed him friendzoning me was a polite way to break up but NOPE. He was extremely adamant that the only thing he wanted to change was us having sex.

We literally still text and talk and hang just as much. I am over his house until 2am some nights and some nights he's with me at my house until 1/2am. Its killing me because I desire more than a friendship and I am struggling with only seeing him in a platonic light-which I've expressed to him (part of me is angry because he knows I still want him romantically and he still comes to see me).

So what's his deal? I thought guys only use friendzone to politely breakup with a girl or use it as an excuse to become friends with benefits. This is neither. Why is he so adamant about keeping things the same between us?
4
0