Guy I’ve been dating has been amazing and is now acting distant and said he is feeling depressed?

Anonymous
Guy I’m dating has been amazing and is now having down days?

Been dating a guy for a month but have known him for a year, I am (30) f and he is (42) m. Things between us has always been great and very easy. He has always made me feel appreciated and treated me like a princess.

He knows I’ve been hurt a lot before and have my own issues so he has always kept communication with me and always reassured me.

We had a great weekend together last weekend the first time we stayed together. He surprised me to flowers and was a gent the whole time. When I went back home I noticed he wasn’t speaking to me as much.

He opened up to me and told me he has been on anti depressants and is slowly coming off them and has been having down days and doesn’t really want to talk to anyone. I before have heard this off an ex and it was used as an excuse so I immediately got frightened and took it personally. I have also noticed how he now takes hours to read my messages or won’t read them until the next day but is online. He has also been to the cinema with family and it’s made me feel isolated and nervous.

I don’t really know where to go from here and what to do next, the way he is behaving is also having an affect on me and making me anxious but I like to hope he is being truthful with me but it has made me paranoid and got me overthinking that he is going to ghost me.

I don’t really know what to do from here
5
0