Trend or something else?

Anonymous
So I used to date this guy for a while and while we were dating he was interested to learn more about my native language (I was not born in the US). 8 months after we broke up my friends texted me his social media account saying that he changed his name to just his name and in my native language just like I have ( for example he had it George and his last name before and now he has it just Джордж (George in Russian I used google translate Russians don’t come after me) ). My friend said that it could be a trend since she saw a lot of names on that alphabet lately but I haven’t seen anything so I don’t believe it’s a Trend
should I look more into it or just dismiss it since it doesn’t mean anything?
notes
1. Russian is not my native language I himself it as an example since it has a different alphabet that English
2. George is not his real name and the names I used in this post are not the real ones of this guy I just used them as an example to try to show you how he changed them
3. He broke up with me and we parted in good terms and decided to stay friends but we haven’t talked ever since the break up (he sometimes texts but never responds)
Trend or something else?
1
1