How do guys feel about girls who message first on dating/marriage apps? Is it rude if I messaged him the below?

Anonymous
I matched with this guy on this marriage app and messaged him “Hi, do you randomly swipe on girls profile? Happy Holidays”.

On these apps, both parties have to swipe each person’s profile right in order to match. I was the second person to swipe, so I decided to message him first. His profile gave me the impression that he was not serious ( his responses to introductory questions were less than 5 words). Also, the app that we are using is a religious app and I made sure to state in my profile that I was in the process of changing faiths.

I don’t want to come off as needy and rude. I know typically girls do not message first and with the message I sent, I didn’t ask about his day ( which is rude).

Thank you ☺️
1
0