Guys, can guys like another girl while having a girlfriend?

Anonymous
My guy friend keeps flirting with me all the time, he says he thinks I'm very cute, how I look pretty in dresses, how he loves my laughter etc. He also gets jealous when other guys flirt with me or when my guy friends hang out with me one on one. He has tried to kiss me once too and really likes being close to me physically. He keeps staring at me a lot too and quickly looks away when I catch him. Sometimes he doesn't care that I know he's staring.

I never used to talk to him he was the one who initiated our friendship and though I do find him attractive I was never interested in him that way but recently I feel like I've started developing some feelings for him. Like he has tried to make me jealous a few times and I did actually get jealous.

We have known each other for 3 months now. Ever since he tried to kiss me I've been ignoring him and he got hurt and upset because of that. I don't know what to do in this situation. I have to see him everyday...
3