Acted like he liked me to the point other people noticed, got me to confess I like him, but didn't say he liked me too, but also didn't say he didn't?

Anonymous
Am I right for thinking I should just move on and let it go because I don't wanna go through BS. To me, that's telling me you don't really like me. If you did, wouldn't you say it back once I confessed. We've definitely flirted A LOT lately. People at work are starting to notice. He responds to messages quickly, keeps the conversation going, but as soon as I finally say, "I like you" (we're close friends and I was reluctant to say it) he doesn't say "I don't feel the same way" but didn't say he did either. That doesn't sit right with me. Here I let my guard down with you encouraging me to, just to not be direct with me. Then he suggests coming over one day "if I want" at this point, no I don't want, because wtf... am I right to take my dignity and go? Friendship ruined, I guess. There should be no reason for him to be scared now because I said it first. I'm gonna take it as unreciprocated and go. This is the second time this happened to me. The first one.. I took it okay because it was long distance, we remained friends but now that he's learned about guy I'm asking about in this question, he's acting "different" using more emojis, seems more affectionate. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ For people who claim to be "chill" and "simple" lmao sure seem grey and ambiguous. No thanks. Probably gonna rock alone for a while. It's hard enough letting my guard down. This isn't worth my time. Every time I let my guard down, I'm reminded of why it's up!
18 d
*guessing I was their ego boosts. 🙄 I'm better than that.
3
3