Is it possible that a man with this familiar background is scared of dating? Or just a player?

Anonymous
I met this guy and can’t tell if he’s an awful player or if he’s scared of dating, though his peculiar familiar background may justify the second.

His great-great grandpa and great grandpa were (regionally) important industrialists and politicians from a very wealthy family, but they lost almost all of their money during his grandfathers’ generation and the family nowadays lives a normal life, even if the name still has a huge weight around here. His close family is very religious and very large - they are 6 siblings - and were raised in a very strict, very religious way, to the point that two sisters became nuns and one brother became a priest. The oldest brother is in his late 40s and never married. So it doesn’t seem like they were thought the beauty of being in a relationship. Moreover they were sent to the local public school and I think other kids didn’t make it easy for them given their name… the family used to own everything around town and now they are penniless. Him: Every time we see each other I have a distinct feeling he likes me, but than he won’t answer my messages and even if he said more than once he’d love to hang out, every time I propose a date he finds an excuse. With the girls in our group of friends he tends to be a flirt, but has never expressed the slightest interest in anyone. With me he’s also flirty but than differently than with other girls he is always trying to sit close to me or if I’m on the other side of the room he’ll keep looking at me.
2
0