Friend zone or not? Can you get moved from outside the "friend zone" into it?

My question is about how women categorize men as either friends or more than friends/potential for more than friends. I had a fling with a girl that I had reconnected with that I had known through friends in college. We had not talked in several years but decided to meet up. We did and hit it off extremely well. The only issue was she was moving 3 weeks later. Even though she was moving we hung out several times and talked about everyday. We were extremely comfortable around each other, and every time we were together we kissed, both making out and casually during the middle of the day. She slept over at my place once, and I slept over at her place once, no sex though. We clicked very well and the attraction was there. She also went through a very difficult event before her move, to which she thanked me so much for being there for her. Then she moved and we never talked about what happened to us when she did. I didn't think it was appropriate since we only hung out for 3 weeks. We stayed in touch about every day for the next 2 weeks after her move. Things seemed actually pretty good. Then she started her new job and she wen't MIA for a week. She called to apologize to me for not returning a call I had made. She reached out to me yesterday, but I wasn't available but we talked today. We talked for over an hour. So my what my concern is is that I am not a romantic option anymore. Now I obviously know that we are long distance so I get that in that sense I'm not an option for that, but what I mean is that does she see me as a guy she wishes was available or have I become just a friend to permanently stay in the "friend zone?" There's some chance that she moves back here in the future, she said that's what she wants eventually. I do like the girl a lot and we had a great connection it was just cut short due to her move. I feel that the fact that we had been physical consistently before she left let's me know she was definitely attracted to me, I just don't know if that feeling remains now that she has moved. I just don't know how a woman's mind works. I've always heard a woman usually knows if they are attracted to a guy or not off that bat and once they decide you friend material you are pretty much there forever. So does that work on the flip side? I know she was attracted to me before, so does that keep me as a guy she'd consider dating or will the consistent communication with no physical presence put me into a friends only category in her mind? Are there things to keep me from slipping into that zone, like flowers or anything to suggest more than friendship without being pushy? Any advice is appreciated.
2
0