If I'm everything he wants, why does he only see me as a friend?

Anonymous
I've been in love with this guy for three years. Problem is, we've become really close friends and he can't see me as anything other than that. I have changed a lot since the time we met (mostly due to him) and he keeps sending me strange signals like acting jealous if I don't pay him attention or if I show interest in another guys; sometimes he gets really close to me, when there's really no need; he as even said that I am everything he wants in a woman, if only he could see me like that.

The truth is I really try to hide my interest, because I'm afraid to push him away, but after knowing he sees me like that I don't know what to think anymore. Can he be hiding his intentions too? Or does it only mean that it is indeed impossible to change how he feels about me?

Should I try anything or just move on? He's one of my best friends and I couldn't really bare to lose him.
1
1