How do I keep my depressed boyfriend happy and occupied?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been together 3 yrs! Suddenly he has fallen into an incredible depression. I have exhausted every option. ( I think) He is to the point where he hates life and I think even me. He says I'm useless then tells me he loves me. The he says I never come up with any good ideas, yet I come up with all the ideas. There is only so much money and so many things a person can do. I want to make him smile again. Again, I have tried everything. He says life is boring and his rip old age of 25 ..doesn't see the use in living. No matter how I cry and tel him it is worth t he won't believe me. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. We are both suffering. Mini golf..cuddling..watching movies or going to the movies..walks on the beach..dinner...sports...parks...bikes...anything you name it...wont pull him out of this rut. He says the harshest things and then comes back with I love yous. he says I do not motivate him to wanna see me. yet he dominates my time. He is depressed because for the last three years he hasn't had a job due to a sh*tty economy and does not want to "settle". I told him nothing is wrong with any legit job as long as it is a stepping stone. Being sad in your room 7 days a week with a girlfriend you say isn't helping you see the joy in life anymore isn't healthy. I feel for him, but all I do is try to get him to see the joy in life. This is far too complicated at this point to settle myself and I need help...advice...anything. YES he has seeked prof. help. He says they say what I or his mother would say and that it's a waste of money. please...I cannot be the only one going through this.
How do I keep my depressed boyfriend happy and occupied?
Add Opinion