My Breast Reduction Experience at 39!

I am 39 years old and as long as I can remember I have had size 32 FF breasts. This, over the years has caused many problems as, as you can imagine, they are heavy so cause neck ache, grooves in shoulders from straps etc. The rest of my body is small( I wear size 10 trousers) but because of my bust size I had to buy size 14+ tops. Anyhow after going to the doctor for something completely different I mentioned my neck was aching etc because of these large breasts and he said I would qualify for a bust reduction on the NHS because I wasn't overweight and I was not in proportion to the rest of my body.

My breast reduction experience at 39 !!!

To cut a long story short, he arranged for me to attend a seminar where they checked my B MI (which has to be below 25) as some people lose weight off their bust if they go on a diet.They also have to weigh your breasts as they will not perform the operation unless they can take at least 1 lb in weight off each breast. I watched a slide show of what they would do and which explained all the problems also. There were about 60 women in the room - all with enormous busts. I was accessed by the consultant and he agreed I needed the operation. After about 4 months I had an appointment for the operation.

I checked into the hospital on the Wednesday afternoon and had the operation the next day. In the morning I saw the anesthetist and also the surgeon. They marked my breasts with a black felt tip pen and I was told that on no account was I to rub out the markings or alter them. I would be about a B/C cup after the operation. The operation took about 2.5 hours with two surgeons (one working on each breast). They cut round the nipple and I had a cut going straight down from the nipple and also one round the underneath part of the breast rather like an anchor shape. They took 1.5 lbs from each breast.

When I came round I felt fine but it was rather sore where they put a drain in each breast. I got up and had dinner that night and felt brilliant. I had dressings on my breasts but already I could see that they were much smaller and 'perkier'. I joked with other women there that I had a 59 year old body with 16 year old boobs!! On the Friday I had visitors and felt on a real high. Apart from where the drains went in there wasn't much pain at all. I was measured and had to wear a sports bra (32 C). I was to wear a sports bra day and night for 6 weeks and then a normal bra during the day and the sports bra at night for another 6 weeks.

Then after that whatever type of bra I liked. On the Saturday the drains came out (not a nice experience) and all the dressing come off and obviously the scars are pretty horrific. I went home Saturday afternoon and was told not to over do things for a week or two. The stitches healed really quickly and when I went back to see the surgeon he was very pleased. I had the surgery in January 2007 and now 6 months later the scars hardly show at all as the cut under the bust lies in the natural curve and the vertical cut and the cut around the nipples is just a tiny white line.

The difference this has made to my life is incredible. I can now jog, dance, move about without having to support my bust to stop it bouncing about and feeling really uncomfortable. I can also sleep on my stomach in comfort - something I hadn't done for a long time - and I can also wear small pretty bra's and I feel wonderful. I no longer have shoulder and neck pain and I would definitely recommend having it done if you are eligible for the operation.

1228

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• What a complete load of fucking B******.
    One minute the OP is 25 (previous question) then miraculously ages to 39.
    Complains that her breasts are small (previous question, now moans that they are too big.
    Claims that she lives in Dubai, but her profile states she's in Pakistan.
    And then to cap it all, reckons she qualified to have surgery under the UK's NHS.
    I reiterate, it's all a complete load of B*******.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 27

• So many women are obsessed with wanting big boobs because they think that every guy wants a girl with 36D or larger boobs. That is SO wrong, but the media projects such a consistent (but distorted) image of guys wanting big boobs that these women cannot be convinced otherwise. I am glad you had the confidence to do what was right for you.

• As a woman with breast augmentation, let me assure you that this has absolutely nothing to do with What Boys Want.

• @redeyemindtricks I know that women who get breast augmentation always justify their decision in terms of self-confidence and self-image but the source of the low confidence/poor self image comes from what they have been told about desirable standards of beauty in a woman, and that obviously relates to male expectations.

Additionally, I think people can be happier learning to accept themselves as they are rather than changing their body to maintain some artificial standards for their appearance.

• "... what they have been told about desirable standards of beauty in a woman, and that obviously relates to male expectations."

^^ Except it rlly doesn't. Think, for instance, of the upper-middle- / upper-class ideal of female beauty -- which is MUCH thinner and less voluptuous than what 99.95% of straight men like.

These ideals -- much like female fashion standards, about which straight men have given pretty much zero fucks since the beginning of time -- are primarily, if not exclusively, enforced by the collective of other women.

• Thanks for sharing your story. I have a few female friends who may in the future need to have their breasts reduced because of how big and heavy they are. Sometimes they just won't do or participate in an activity that you listed like running, dancing, or something that will make their boobs bounce like going on a trampoline. Because of the discomfort they will feel after or during.
    One of them is currently thinking about getting it done. While a lot of people are against it like her twin sister whose breasts are just a C cup. Some of use who she confides in support her. I'll be happy to share your mytake with her.
    I'm glad that your able to do things and enjoy things that you were not able to before and thanks for sharing. :)

• How did you go from 5 to 39 years old in 2 days?

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2594264-breast-surgery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiDvWFUil3k

I smell a catfish

• Good for you, I'm glad this worked out so well for you, I'm happy for your success with this.

• I'm happy you were able to find relief! I hope this improves your life greatly going forward and helps to bring you happiness!

(Don't pay attention to some of the other guys commenting, you do whats best for yourself!)

• Glad to hear that you are able to enjoy a bunch of more activities since the surgery

• I'm glad everything worked out for you. I know, guys like to play with some big ones, but they don't try to understand the problems women can have carrying all that around.

• Completely justified

• A part of me just died reading this title.

• No pics. Am disapoint.

• Thank you

• Thank you

• Thank you for sharing your story.

• Congratulations and I'm glad they were able to improve your quality of life :).

• well good luck😊

• So, you reduced from FF to C? That's cool.
    As long as you are happy.

• Yes hope you feel well honey. Smaller is better and cuter in my opinion.

• Thanks for sharing!

• Glad to have read your story an to know you don't have to much pain

• interesting

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 11

• big bouncing boobs is half the fun of riding on top. mine don't give me a problem and i'm glad for it. i wouldn't give this big o'l knockers up for anything.

• I had that surgery done when I was 28 prior to having children. It was a painful recovery but well worth it. I was a 36h. I have never regretted doing it. It changed my life

• I'm happy this worked out for you, I have very large breasts but I love them 😊

• i think it's wonderful to be able to wear pretty lingerie ♡

i would advise against the jogging though because it leads to the sagging of connective tissue. same with sleeping on one's stomach.

• I wouldn't' change mine

• Cool

• Breasts do restrict movement but still I'll never ever think of reducing mine. I just feel like, no matter how much of trouble they are, they're still a part of me. I'm really happy to know about your experience tho! :)

• I'm confused, you've had the surgery or you want the surgery? You said you had it years ago but 4 days ago you were wanting opinions on having it done.
    You should really get your story straight.

Girls, Breast Surgery? - GirlsAskGuys

• I'm also extremely confused as to how the OP qualified to have this operation under the NHS, seeing that her profile states Pakistan. ?

• Oh, and she supposedly lives in Dubai! smh

• @Kaylyne trolls and liars. Oh well. Not much we can do about it.

• Thanks for sharing
    My friend has too big breast she is married and has 1 kid before marriage she has normal size but after marriage and having kid her size 2 times from her previous size. She is also thinking to reduce her size even his husband also.

• Very interesting read!

• Thanks for posting