Do you believe in the usage of vaccines?

• Yes
    80%(20)83%(64)Vote85%(44)
  • No
    20%(5)17%(13)Vote15%(8)
4d
I am personally not opposed to vaccines just acknowledge that but what doesn’t really surprise me is all the people who are pro-vaccinators calling people who aren’t fully on the vaccination board calling them names
4d
I honestly thought people who were anti-vaccines were going to be bullies but turned the other way around. Ha! You would think that people would be respectable instead of if someone doesn’t see eye to eye, you get down to elementary level and call people names

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in their use... but I've seen the updated vaccine list and it's getting pretty frigging long.
    And considering the possible connection with other issues I feel that certain vaccines risk isn't worth the reward.

Mind you I have no kid so I haven't sat down to serious research but at the very least I would slow the rate at which they are vaccinated if not, opt out of certain ones entirely.

As for other people, how they raise their children is their business not mine. I wish them the best of luck in whichever route they choose

• 5d

Yes I totally agree. I think before 1990’s we definitely needed all those anything after is just pishposh

• 3d

Ok so do you all realize that anyone here over the age of 10 has been already vaccinated against several diseases? Make a statistic: how many people IN THE WORLD have autism or problems that you could possibly relate to vaccination? It's not about calling names, just read the facts

• 3d

Because researcher bias isn't a thing.

It very much is about calling names. Leave other people's choices to other people. If they ask for your opinion by all means tell them how you feel about it.

What Guys Said 21

• Of course. You'd have to be completely insane not too. You think the history of medicine is all just a waste of time? A joke? Or do you want to go back to medieval times?

Peas porridge hot... peas porridge cold... peas porridge in the pot 9 days old? Yeah, they just threw more in the pot and kept it going for days on end. OMFG.

• 3d

On update...
      I don't know about 'names', but people that are for dumb things are, well, dumb. This whole anti-vaccine movement got started by a few idiot women that claim their kid got sick from it. Goes right along with the erroneous assumption of cause and effect without a control.

And the reason there are some strong opinions is because NOT being vaccinated puts everyone else at risk. It's like sleeping around with an STD, or aids. It's irresponsible at best, complete disregard for others at least.

• Yes, it has been shown through provided evidence and studies that Vaccines are safe and yes complications do happen but they are extremely rare and the doctor or pharmacist will have you fill out a form that ask you if you are immunosuppressed or allergic to anything. The complications from a preventable disease are more dangerous than potential complications from a vaccine.

• Yes 100%

• Yeah,
    Polio, Measles, the flu have not gone anywhere.
    There are reports of unvaccinated kids who now have polio again.

• The Vaccines I got as a Child. Yes. However I do not get Flu Vaccines. Haven't had a flu since I was 8 years old.

• 5d

Yeah I don’t get the flu shot either. I’m a Clinical Lab Scientist and I’ve done my research and prefer not to get it. Though my job does force me to get and the times I do get it I get sicker than a dog.

• 0|0
  • It's not that you BELIEVE vaccines. Research on them is based on facts, and the facts say they are good for you. I'm surprised this debate is still open, it's like asking "do you believe that umbrellas really protect you from rain?"
    Yes, it's that stupid. No offense.

• Empirical research, which is the only VALID scientific research, shows overwhelmingly that they are beneficial. That doesn't mean genetically they don't cause problems in certain instances, but that's why the parents & kid should be tested.

• 4d

Yes definitely I do think it boils down to genetics

• YES!! And they DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM.

• I don't trust all vaccines.

• Sure, but the correlation of them causing autism and other mental problems is disturbing.

• 5d

That correlation was a scam. It's been discredited thoroughly and generated lawsuits.

• 5d

Andrew Wakefield lost his doctors license because he falsified stats.
      Now he does television shows.

• Yes because of vaccines diseases which are fatal or permanently damaging have almost completely disappeared. The people saying the vaccinations are causing autism should know they've done studies and there was no link discovered between giving children the vaccines and autism.

• Don't they cause problems

• No vaccines. put them in gulag and labor will cure them!

• Yeah

• I certainly do. I had my yearly flu shot last week.

• 5d

The flu mutates every year and they can only get flu samples of last year which means that flu vaccines are useless considering the mutation process of the flu. Due to evolutionary process its impossible to determine the course of evolution of the flu, thus no preemptive flu shots can ever work.

• 5d

@RidingForever2 I met them here a few times already. And I met them on other sites too.
      Internet doctors telling us real life doctors are so wrong.

• 4d

Doctors are now salesmen. They employ worse tricks than used car sales men would ever use on their victims.

• Some of them may be useful but their usefulness is limited.

• They are perfectly safe. They don't cause autism, that was one study that turned up positive simply because the researcher was essentially paid to arrive at those results by anti-vaccers.

• Yes vaccines happen. They exist.

• Only idiots would vote no on this question.

Vaccines are safe and they do

• Yes, I believe in science and research...

• 5d

I myself work in the medical field, we learn to customize the results favorably in our study. If you think about it, a lot of the research is paid for the company itself. Just something to think about

• 3d

I am aware of that, but we have the results of decades of studies at every level... both corporate sponsored and independent. I would be wary of single studies that are sponsored by big pharma or other corporate interests... The evidence is simply overwhelming that vaccines work.

What Girls Said 4

• What is there to believe in, it’s scientifically proven. How many people has an average person met with polio, smallpox or diphtheria lately? If only people would stop educating themselves with google and instead relied on those with medical degrees and peer reviewed studies we could control measles and pertussis

• 5d

Well said.

• 4d

People call drunk drivers names too, because they’re actively making choices for their own bodies that impact the lives of others.
      Refusing the vaccinate is the same. 20 people die every year from pertussis in the US alone, if those who are physically able to got vaccinated it’s a disease that could be eliminated like the others. Instead new parents are having to confine themselves at home until their baby can be vaccinated, and refuse entry to anyone who hasn’t been vaccinated. Herd immunity protects those who can’t be vaccinated, instead people read one completely debunked study and think they know better than the entire medical population. It’s killing people. We wouldn’t tolerate a drunk driver smashing into a child, why should those against eradicating disease be afforded the respect we wouldn’t give another selfish individual

• Yes. People who don't are not only stupid, but are also dangerous. You raise the risk or reintroducing previously rare and manageable diseases back into the general population, and you also put people who can't get vaccinated for whatever and reason and rely on herd immunity at risk.

• I have had three generations of doctors in my family and they think vaccine is a gift.

The only thing I always hear them say is to avoid unnecessary vaccines ( The basics are very important) and vaccines that have not been tested for prolonged effect.

Otherwise, the only advice, use a new and a clean needle.

• K who are the 4 idiots on here that said no