I'm starting my weight loss in June. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous
Current weight is 178.6lbs and I'm 5'2 and a half, waist is 33 inches. My goal weight is to be 160 by the time school starts, which is August 14th according to our calendar, and by December 145. I know 160 will be difficult to do in 2 1/2 months but I want to push myself.

I have a gym membership to LA Fitness though I'll be changing to Planet Fitness in July (LA is better, but I'm moving into a more expensive apartment and I have to make budget cuts).

I've already cut out all drinks except water and occasionally a flavored iced coffee on Friday's.

I'm one of the marching band directors in my district so for 2 weeks in August I'll be outside but I'm not physically marching. Just walking around the field watching the students and critiquing.

Any meal or fitness advice would be appreciated. I'm looking for a lifestyle change, not a 6 week diet because I personally don't think those work so something long term would be better. From what I gather, a high protein, low carb diet would probably be my best shot.

I also have a dog that's almost 10 (beagle) so if you know of anything I can do with her that'd be great because she's a few pounds over weight, too.

Any insulting comments will be hidden or reported so save your energy.
13
8