Height change in late teens?

Kind of a dumb question here. I'm currently about 167cm, so about 5'4. I'm definitely not the tallest among my friends but not the shortest either. I don't like being this microscopic though, and I don't think it's like... attractive or anything.
I was wondering if it's even possible to keep growing past 18 y/o? I'd really hate to stay this short, I've had people tell me I will anyway, but I also heard others say you can grow even in your late teens.

510

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone stops growing in different areas at different times. Generally you should cease growing in height around 21ish, IIRC... so maybe you'll grow some more, and maybe you won't. That said, you should aim to be comfortable with yourself. There's nothing wrong with being short, just as there is nothing wrong with being tall.

Personally, I think short girls are cute, and I'm generally sold if she's cute.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You're right. It's just sort of frustrating to see my friends being taller than I am, then again they also weight more than me so I'm not complaining too much. If I could reach stuff properly I wouldn't mind, but it's. Definitely annoying having to stand on a chair or shit like that.
      Also, I'm glad some guys think short girls are cute. I thought they didn't really 🤔 But thank you!

• Ha. We definitely exist. :P If it's any consolation, I'm around average height and I still struggle with changing bayonette lightbulbs. xP

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, in theory, you grow until you're 21. But you need to check your bone age, it might be older than your actual age and causing the shortiness. If so, there's not much you can do besides getting to a healthy weight and doing swimming/basketball/volley.
    If you do that, you maybe can grow. I had a 2cm growth spurt at 17 (bone age of 20), the last time I had a growth spurt like that was when I was 14...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I didn't even know bones could age this fast, damn. I've done gymnastics for over 3 years and it definitely helped me get more flexible but not much taller. I might as well try something else.