Living with a chronic condition, how do you manage?

So i found out that i have this chronic disease called lupus. Basically white blood cells attack both toxins and healthy cells ( which can cause more serious problems if it attacks vital organs). there's no cure currently.

Anyways i started to have massive joint pain/swelling where i can't sleep at night. Migranes and i get a nasty red rash on my face.
Im always tired no matter how much i sleep and struggle to do simple things opening a water bottle/medicines.. its frustrating to always depend on others and the pain is unbearable

I lost friends and my boyfriend gets frustrated to because there's so much i can't do. I stopped going to work and feeling so useless (though it might seem like im being lazy)... and school is another problem because sometimes i can't hold a pencil
Its hard to understand but for people who have chronic condition how do manage?

1230

Most Helpful Guys

• I know how you feel. I have nothing terminal. However I do have a condition that is pertinent without surgery. (I can't affoard to be off for surgery) Even if the surgery was successful I would still be messed up.

I've stopped eating out with other people. I don't think my girlfriend really gets it.

The lack of red meat makes me weak.

It's depressing. I guess I focus on the possitive and try not to dwell on it.

Does any of this help you:
    resources.lupus.org/entry/treatment-options

As painful as it is maybe a bunch of bone marrow transplants?
    www.conversantbio.com/.../4-Benefits-of-Bone-Marrow-for-Lupus-Treatment-Research

• Whatever it is, you CHOOSE to never let it get you down, and YOU focus on everything good, and do whatever you can, to reduce the pain, but ultimately, some just have to live with it, and cope.
    I REFUSE to let it get the best of me, and I fight it, like I was fighting someone HUGE GIANT, in a boxing ring.
    Some have no idea, and I don't discuss it, because they just say TOTALLY STUPID SHIT, like have you ever: and some stupid thing that they found on Web MD, or some BS fake pill site!!
    Go away, or you will get punched, idiot!! Don't you think I have checked all of that over all the YEARS that I have had this condition?
    But, being in CHRONIC, DEBILITATING PAIN, doesn't excuse you, if you want to punch some idiot for suggesting something stupid, that you already knew, and isn't helpful!!
    Try to think positive, and with their small mind, they are trying to help!!
    Unless you have constant, CHRONIC pain, and 6 Advil barely dulls it, you cannot understand!

Most Helpful Girls

• Well i'm dealing with brain cancer. I'm kinda in the same place as you are. But i can't think of dating anyone right now. I am Feeling tired and depress and headaches and hair loss. It all spinning in my head. But i tried to keep contact with my friends. They are the best medicine. I don't see them much or talk to them a lot. But they still manage to make me feel hundred percent better. At first i wanted to have distance from everyone. I just wanted to be on my own. But when they started asking me out and how i am doing and told me how things were while i was gone i found out how lonely and sad i was. So i tried to participate as much as i can. Which isn't a lot but it is still enough for me.

• What a sad story.

I am really sorry. And I pray u will be fully heall in jesus name. And live to enjoy every moment of ur life

• I knew a mother daughter team who ran a health food and supplement store; they both had lupus diagnoses from late teens. I recall both women taking over 20 pills a day (this was 15 years ago, many are multi vitamin options now) and both managed to keep flare ups at a minimum. Vitamins a, b, c, d, e, zinc, calcium. Iron. I remember those for sure and I believe there was some wisdom about avoiding excessive heat and sunlight as well. I find that for my own nerve pain and back problems that marijuana (or CBD oil if you prefer no head change or feeling high) helps quite a bit and it's nice to help me sleep. I genuinely hope you find some methods to help ease your symptoms. Lupus isn't uncommon but it's quite a vicious illness. Take care of yourself & try not to get too agitated or stressed. Good luck to you ; I wish much happiness and healthy days ahead of you. Please don't forget, your diet is one of the most direct ways that you can see results and get some relief from your symptoms.