Does losing weight help you gain confidence?

I’ve 18 years old and I will be going to university next September when I’m 19 since I’ve decided to stay back to go to a better university.

I’m trying to improve myself so I’m not as quiet when I’m there, do you think getting in shape would help?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• It can if you're overweight and lose the extra pounds because you know you're healthier and look better. But if you're already a healthy weight, and lose even more, i wouldn't say so

0|1
    1|0
  • Depends
    Even if you lose weight you might still feel insecure
    But if you work on your mental health as well, you will build one strong body and mind

0|1
    0|0
  • Getting in shape or just working out for the hell of it is a good way to feel good and stay heathy. It boosts mood and helps with self confidence. I know I feel like crap when I don’t work out a lot.

0|1
    0|0
  • I use to want to do the opposite ( gain Weight) but now no. I don't know care to gain nor loose

0|0
    0|0
  • It can, but really the feeling of accomplishing a set goal like losing weight is what elevates you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't for me

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely... but I've gained other things as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I lost 10 kg and become very confident 😁

0|1
    0|0
    • 1d

Really? How did you change?

• 1d

I want to lose about the same amount of weight, maybe a little less. Then I want to bulk up.

• 1d

Ride stationary bicycle and diet according to blood type

What Guys Said 17

• no, not in the long run. the way i see it, confidence and being talkative is different. yes you may or may not gain confidence from gaining muscles or losing weight at the gym depending on how you train. having confidence is like you have the balls to go up to people and ask questions, you're not afraid to try to do things that the average people would think it's impossible to do even if you know it'll be embarrassing if you fail and you become mentally stronger to never give up.

but being quiet and trying to become talkative is different. if by personality and your nature, you're not a very talkative person, then exercising, losing weight, or whatever isn't going to change anything. if you're just trying to be more talkative, you should be working on your communication skills, and learn how to do small talk instead.

so in the end, let's just say, even though you've gained confidence from exercising and losing weight. you now have the balls to go up to people now. but if you don't have the verbal skills to carry a conversation, then you'll just end up being quiet again and then there's going to be that awkward silence moment.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

I have social anxiety, I want to talk but I just stop myself from doing so

• Gaining confidence includes being happy with who you are. If losing weight is the only thing then yes, you will gain confidence. But if there are more things in your life that you feel ashamed about, first ask yourself if it wrong to do these things, if not, then don't get rid of them, own it. Be your total self and be proud of it, only then will you gain true and permanent confidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Man, honestly get yourself to the gym! Not only will you feel better about yourself but you'll get way more attention from women. If you're a bigger lad, then I'm jealous because fat turns to muscle with a good routine! Best of luck dude, get straight to the gym man!

0|1
    0|0
  • If someone said "drive me home" when you've never driven before would you feel confident?
    If someone said "cook me dinner" when you've never cooked before would you feel confident?

Being in shape makes you feel more confident because you feel more ready than if you were out of shape.
    However this also comes down to how much you care.
    For example if someone says "cook me dinner" but if you don't care then you'd not feel confident or nervous. You'd just be bored 😂

You get my point.
    I hope 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. You can make a ton of progress in 1 year. Lift heavy weights at the gym 2-3x per week and do cardio maybe 2x per week and eat at a caloric deficit. Keep it up for a year and you will be A+!

0|1
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • No outer change will help your confidence in the long run. It can only get you hyped for a short period of time, just like any positive change in your life. But you can achieve that effect with just a new haircut or a sweater

0|0
    0|0
  • It worked for me. I lost 60lbs and changed my whole outlook on life.

0|1
    0|0
  • I lost a lot of weight about 10 years ago and it did nothing for my confidence level so it didn't work for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes sure it is. my weight is 180 pounds and i have reduced it to 140

0|0
    0|0
  • of course it would LOL. Just don’t think it’ll make you less sad, if you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • It definitely does help.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes it would a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definite yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Be confident with yourself and not with body.

0|0
    0|1
  • It depends really some people it could work for and then some others it won't work for. For me I'd love to get ripped it definitely help my self confidence

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m gonna lose weight, get ripped, then get revenge

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes