I became vegetarian 2 weeks ago but recently I have been feeling less energetic, why? Am I missing vitamins in my diet?

This is how my daily meal routine goes like:

1st meal
Oatmeal with seeds and milk
Or
1 bottle of water with 2 grain bars.
Or
25 Oz tea with eggs or some other heavy meal.

-----between meals I drink water and eat peanuts or almond etc. ---------

2nd meal
A homemade fruit or vegetable juice or more tea.
And some food that contains vegetables or is made of veggies. I put cheese on most of my dishes and sometimes I eat beans or rise along side my main dish.

--------- "between meals..." --------

3rd meal
Usually milk and a banana.
Or A cereal
Or milk with some bake goods as banana bread or apple pie etc.

I don't like sodas or candys/sweets or salt and I haven't eaten fast food in a long time. But pastry and sugary baking goods are my weakness.
And I used to work out but I haven't in the last 3 months.I became vegetarian 2 weeks ago but recently I have been feeling less energetic, why? Am I missing vitamins in my diet?

83

Most Helpful Girls

• It's not vitamins you're lacking, it's protein. Without protein people generally do become less energetic, and while fruits and vegetables are packed with goodies and vitamins, most of them don't offer much in the way of protein.

It's a little easier since you're a vegetarian and not a vegan, because eggs are a good source for high-quality protein... and not just the whites; there's a LOT of protein in the yolk. Greek yogurt and cottage cheese also has a lot of nice protein.

You should probably consult a dietitian, though.