Breastfeeding in public places?

I breastfeed my babies. I feed them wherever I may be. If they're hungry I make I whip out my boob and feed them. Now I don't just walk around the grocery store with my boobs out... I find a secluded area and do what I need to do. Though, everyone and there mother tend to find me and I can hear them talking like I don't exist behind my back.

"Wow, she's so brave" or "I would never do that in front of other people" and the weird awkward stare from those that think breastfeeding is gross and weird.

I don't get it. Do others feel weird about this? What's wrong with it? Let's talk.Breastfeeding in public places?

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• People make a big deal out of it because people have avoided doing so for so long that nobody is used to it anymore. Most people are only used to seeing babies being bottlefed with shitty powdered milk, and that's the new normal.

My girlfriend breastfeeds, and her girl friends say that they don't think that breasts are meant to feed children. They think that all they're for is sex. That's how retarded most people are and this is why they see it as such a big deal.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I breastfeed in public most people I find are very supportive and want to put me at ease. I do get the odd crazy though that has a problem with it and wants to make it known to me that they have a problem which can be scary because I'm holding my children.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm happy to hear that there are people that have had positive results from this.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• It's not weird but since your doing it in corners or somewhere that ain't so public, it might be allright, but i don't like it... you shall take the opinion of your man too if he accepts it or not...

It's a tough one... if you can cover your boobs well and find a private place, it will be better...

Your man can help too by shielding you with a small blanket...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have anything against it tbh and tbh the kids gotta eat too... can't understand anyone who kicks off about it.. tbh

but then society encourages everyone to fight against things it deems as not acceptable or different... hopefully one day instead of it being against the natural things in life maybe it would encourage acceptance instead and make the world a better friendlier place :)

0|0
    0|0
  • people are stupid i honestly dont know why this is such a big deal i grew up around women breastfeeding their babies and children it was completely fucking normal. society is becoming so sensitive and easily offended and backward these days!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind... In fact, I find it "Magical"! It's something that a Mother does for her Children, and it's very sweet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe you do it anywhere needed qnd if men look and stare they should be shamed and slapped. Those breasts are doing what they are supposed to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feed your babies anytime at anyplace. Some people have issues with this but some people have issues with everything in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • If never understood why people lose there mind because a women is feeding there baby it's crazy

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as its done discreetly and respectfully i think its OK.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel it is a normal function only place i didn't want my wife tp breastfeed. Was church

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see a problem with it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's something you got to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your babies are hungry go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Hi I can’t talk in public

0|0
    1|0
  • because this is a shame

0|0
    0|0
  • on bathroom is better

0|0
    1|0
  • Personally speaking I would rather have a little privacy to do such things, but since they're allowed to do it some people choose to take the "fuck you people around me" route and do it in public.

There's nothing wrong with the act itself, but it's a lot like loudly blowing your nose. There's a time and a place, and that isn't in the middle of a restaurant.

0|1
    0|0
  • Breastfeeding should be the norm and formula should be illegal.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Nothing wrong with breastfeeding. Babies need their milk. With that said I don't know why women find it so hard to have a cover with them because without you are still exposing a part of your body that's suppose to be private. As women we already know that a lot of guys are turned on by the sight of women's breast. So if they walk around the corner and just happen to see a woman exposing her boob it may turn him on and make him feel uncomfortable. Especially if he's with his girlfriend. And the girlfriend is gonna judge you because everyone knows it's not necessary to pull your tit out in public for people to see to feed your baby. You can do it discreetly under a blanket. If there was no discreet way of doing it then people could understand. My aunt's never had an issue discreetly feeding their babies. So the way I see it and others too it's very entitled behavior women not caring about the public and especially our children who we teach that's a private part. So do it in a restaurant or other places full of families. But use a cover and you won't have to worry about uncomfortable stares. ml

0|0
    0|0
  • I think breast feeding is a wonderful and totally natural thing to do, my mom always says she loved breast feeding my brother and I. my mom has said she would feed us any place we were at and in front of anyone - she also has said that my dad wasn’t for public feeding but she didn’t care

0|2
    0|0
  • I see no issue with it. It's completely natural and normal. No one bats an eye when you bust out a bottle to feed a tiny human, why should boobs be different, it's part of the reason they are there on a woman

0|1
    0|0
  • As and when it's hopefully my time to become a new mum, I certainly won't have any inhibitions whatsoever in breastfeeding, whether in public or private places.
    It is after all the sole reason why we women have breasts.

0|1
    0|0
  • I honestly think it's something natural but personally I would never do it in public.
    There is nothing wrong with it but just the idea makes me feel uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound like you're going about it in a professional and "discreet" way, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m a new mum, and I feel kind of weird about it. Of course I feed him wherever, but I drape a muslin wrap over my shoulder to mostly cover my boob but not his face which I find is a happy medium. People stare at you breastfeeding, some are smiling like it’s a sweet thing to see, others leer because it’s a breast and some look disgruntled like you shouldn’t be doing it there. Whichever the look - more attention than usual is focused on me at a time I don’t particularly want it, because I’m just trying to feed my kid

1|0
    0|0
  • Are you serious? A woman's boobs are one of the two areas on a woman men find as sexual enhancers. If you made them so no one cared if they saw them then your sex lives would suck. It may be natural to nurse a baby but shitting is natural too but people do it in private. Having a baby is natural too but you don't deliver one in public. Breast pumping is natural but you don't do it in front of everyone at work. If you can't find a private place to nurse your baby that is one thing. But come on, you can find a private place almost anywhere, such as a women's restroom. It is getting old having everybody say they should be allowed to do something and making a big deal out of it when it shouldn't be a problem if you just do private things in private.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she doesn't mind y do u care? U can watch free naked breast. How often can u watch other's wives breast.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see a problem there.

0|1
    0|0
  • No its not weird. you can't just deprive the baby

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)