Breastfeeding in public places?

I breastfeed my babies. I feed them wherever I may be. If they're hungry I make I whip out my boob and feed them. Now I don't just walk around the grocery store with my boobs out... I find a secluded area and do what I need to do. Though, everyone and there mother tend to find me and I can hear them talking like I don't exist behind my back.

"Wow, she's so brave" or "I would never do that in front of other people" and the weird awkward stare from those that think breastfeeding is gross and weird.

I don't get it. Do others feel weird about this? What's wrong with it? Let's talk.Breastfeeding in public places?

1418

Most Helpful Guy

• People make a big deal out of it because people have avoided doing so for so long that nobody is used to it anymore. Most people are only used to seeing babies being bottlefed with shitty powdered milk, and that's the new normal.

My girlfriend breastfeeds, and her girl friends say that they don't think that breasts are meant to feed children. They think that all they're for is sex. That's how retarded most people are and this is why they see it as such a big deal.

Most Helpful Girl

• I breastfeed in public most people I find are very supportive and want to put me at ease. I do get the odd crazy though that has a problem with it and wants to make it known to me that they have a problem which can be scary because I'm holding my children.

• I'm happy to hear that there are people that have had positive results from this.