Does weightlifting stunt growth?

I weight lift a lot and I was wondering if it can stunt your growth or if that’s just a myth. I also want to know when puberty ends because I still don’t really have hips and it looks kinda weird :(.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• height, bone structure, pelvis width, femur length/size and etc. is purely genetics, there are many people (both males and females) that barely touched any weights until they're 25 to 30 years old and they are still short, have short hip width than shoulder, and etc. as your bones continue to grow longer and wider throughout puberty, your muscles will slowly adapt to it by slowly grow with it over time. just make sure you are doing your mobility and flexibility work, foam rolling or using a massage roller stick to roll out your muscles to release tension and knots in your muscles.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I mean there's no set end point, it just kind of gradually tapers off. Puberty, I mean. And by "stunt growth," do you mean like not be as tall, or something? Anyway, no, it has nothing to do with that. Your height is basically based only on genetics and good nutrition.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well most of it is myth
    Growth is 80% to 90% genetic
    Lifting weights is fine but instead I recommend bodyweight training with light weights or no weights and a balanced diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • At your age it can do damage. Stick to high reps low weight. Once you are fully grown 20-24 year old then you can start heavy lifting.

0|0
    0|0
  • under 18, ask your parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a myth.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes