Do your stomach hurts during a period?

EVERY time I'm on my period it hurts like hell and it makes me crawl in pain in my bed for the whole day. What is even worse, I always also get diarrhea so I can't go to school (I have NO idea what is the correlation between those two things, but there is some. Weird).

I want to know how common is it for girls to suffer like this, because I know some of them have their period short and without any pain.

*If you're a guy and curious about results that's why I left it open for both sexes. If you're not interested, simply don't click on this*
  • Yes, it hurts like hell
    Vote A
  • Yes, it kinda hurt
    Vote B
  • No it usually doesn't
    Vote C
  • No it never hurts me
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• You can prevent some of the pain/uncomfortableness you feel, by adjusting your diet slightly, or cutting down on certain things, like salty/fatty foods and caffeine. And including food rich in iron into your diet.

There are also other things you can do, such as exercise, or other activities. Even during your ordeal, moving is supposed to relieve some of the pain.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Mine have been awful since I was a young girl. I've learned to deal with it over time. I now keep Pepto tablets, imodium, and both tylenol and Ibuprofen on me so I can alternate between them.
    First day is always the worst for me. I usually start the day with 4 IB pills and then about three hours later take two Tylenols. I keep that schedule for the day Every 3 to 4 hours taking a alternating dose of either IB or Tylenol. The pepto helps most stomach pains and for the loose poop, imodium is the way to go. Just have to be careful not to take to much or you'll get constipated.
    I also bring my heating pad with me during the first three days so that I don't have to miss work

1|0
    0|0
  • I also have either diarrhea or obstipation on my first day of period along with preeetty heavy cramps. Still feeling lucky because all these things never last for longer than one day...
    Weirdly enough I hardly had any pain or digestive problems during period until I turned about 20.

1|0
    0|0
    • I also have it only for one day, it's difficult to believe that some poor girls have it for longer.
      And at first I also didn't have all of those symptoms, it all came after 2/3 years after my first period

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Having diarrhea on your first days of your period is very common to some women. It is very normal because of the menstrual cramps you are having. You should know that when some chemicals and hormones are released from your body it cases PMS symptoms to some women and diarrhea. Also some women might suffer from other symptoms during their periods but these cases are very rare.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm still in pain. Everyday. Tolerable tho. It makes me think, if that happens every time and intolerable, I wouldn't have seen a lot of girl walking around. I guess that kind of cramps only happens sometimes because I see many poverty here and those girls are active anytime and don't depend on pain medications. According to lots of girls I interview, they have to take care of their bodies and adjust their diets to control the pain. Wish you luck tho.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it's fairly normal. One thing you could try is drink some raspberry leaf tea. It seems to help as many friends drink this while on their period and some pregnant women drink it to accelerate giving birth when you're close to your due date

0|0
    0|0
  • I get all these symptoms too sometimes and I don't get my period.

0|1
    0|0
  • DiamondQueenofAce... i am sorry but really want to help u... please listen to me once

0|0
    1|0
  • I've heard of period cramps but this sounds very extreme. Check with a doctor.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I use to try and help with the pain back in the day but
    its not my body I can only do so much

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it kinda hurt

1|0
    0|0
  • yes it hurts girls

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 27

• Yeah it’s normal to get diarrhoea during a period, there is a reason why we get that I’ve forgotten what it is. Something connected.
    The pain is a bitch, I feel so shit first two days. Bloated and generally uncomfortable.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am one of life's lucky ones. When I did have periods, which were always light, I had only a slight ache for a couple of hours the day before.

Now I am on a BC implant, I have not had a period in 4 years or more.

1|0
    0|0
  • One day? Girl, you're lucky... For me, it starts to hurt 5 days before my period. Minor pain, but still, enough to notice. Then when the blood comes, I can only scream and cry because of the pain... for 3 days. It's like being in child labor. Oh, and on top of that, I get massive migraines and mood swings that make me want to kill myself every month. Fun, very fun... I'm jealous of the girls that can even walk during their period.

0|0
    0|0
  • Occasional heavy cramps are normal. Cramps that keep you in bed all day are excessive and could indicate a medical problem. See a doctor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Now in my mid 20s it hurts moderately, but when I was a teen I had severe cramps with diarrhea.
    If your cramps are that severe you could consider taking birth control pills since they usually make cramps a bit "milder".

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes it dies, mostly just makes me hungry and horny tho. Oh and I get annoyed easier

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting diarrhea during the first few days of your period is pretty normal. It is generally thought that they are caused by prostaglandins which are chemicals released during your period that allow the uterus, and thus the intestines, to contract. If you know you're going to have diarrhea and general pains because they regularly happen to you like clockwork, start taking a pain reliever and anti-dirarrhea meds a few days before the start of your period to help lesson symptoms. You may also want to up your water intake, take some probiotics that may help with digestion, and lesson your salt intake a few days before. Regular exercise like walking before and during your period can also help you to feel a bit better.

0|0
    0|0
  • It used to hurt really bad to the point where I would vomit. But, I have been drinking baking soda water lately and it feels like my cramps aren't as bad as before.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm lucky. I think I've only had a period cramp once in my life (i was probably around 11) and even then it wasn't bad. I never get period cramps

0|0
    0|0
  • Only during the first day, it’s fine the rest of the time

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s very common. I still would suggest you get checked by your doctor especially if A) the pain is excruciating because it may be something else wrong (God forbid) but the good news is, the doctor can prescribe u something for the pain and you’ll have piece of mind
    B) if this is abnormal. Like your other cycles weren’t like this.

Your body can be reacting to different things tho like if you’ve been having a lot of sex prior. That can cause cramps as well so can stress.
    I personally don’t get cramps and my cycle only stays on 3/4 days tops but I’d suggest going to the doctor just for your own piece of mind and to get you out of pain. Hope this helps & feel better chica.

0|1
    0|0
  • My stomach never hurt. Only my lower back and teeth.

0|1
    0|0
  • The thingy that makes you bleed accidentally aims for your bowels and makes you poop. I always poop a lot too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I get them like the first day and they are bad. Just have to cope through it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm literally dying right now

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep... am anemic... so whatever can hit hard xD...

0|1
    0|0
  • It happens to me too

1|0
    0|0
  • Like a thousand hells

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. But my hubby heals it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It hurt a bit. I don´t really have bad cramps.

0|1
    0|0
  • it probably has to do with your diet

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn't know guys had their period too LMAO

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it usually does for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • Always does for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it really hurts like hell.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah,, i get really bad pains in my uterus and i poop all the time... and i'm extremely anemic. i totally get it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes