Have You Ever Been Overweight/Underweight?

I have been teased and isolated for being underweight. Has this happened to anyone else?

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I have always been underweight. My doctor advised I try and gain some weight. I know being underweight does not look good and you used to thinking that you have to be skinny and healthy. Being underweight is completely unhealthy and there are lot of health problems associated with it. Sometimes it is the fault of our lifestyle which is not healthy at all. So try some good diet plan along with routine exercises to gain weight and look healthy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• I've been skinny shamed. Never was "fat shamed" for the few years of my life I was overweight.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I was bullied for being too skinny but never saw anyone being bullied for being overweight. I don't understand why people can't just accept me for the way I am.

• 5d

I think it is usually jealousy.

• Overweight. But I slimmed down. Have been teased a little. But I can joke about myself too, so I wasn't mad.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always been overweight but I'm slowly losing it

0|0
    0|0
  • i was skinniest in class and then i went from skinny to skinny but fat and now im average i guess

0|0
    0|0
    • Average and healthy is good if you're happy with how you are.

• Show All
    • Oh dear. Try to accept yourself at least. You can try to go on a diet or work out with a friend if you are trying to lose weight again, or if you are trying to gain weight, try working out and eating the correct amount of (healthy) food everyday, this will build muscle and help you gain weight.

• Lmao only thing that can get my goals is steroids and im not going to take them yet

• Yeah I used to weight almost double what I weigh now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was under wright. I am normal now. But i was really healty when i was underweight

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I want to be underweight

0|0
    0|0
    • Try to stay at a healthy weight if you can. Or you can go work out at the gym, then you can be the same weight, but look better.

• Both actually

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to be underweight as a kid.

0|0
    0|0
    • I hope you're at a healthy weight now, remember being healthy matters more than a number on a scale.

• I guess I am, but I still try to get to 120 lbs.

• I used to be underweight.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Yeap, I used to be overweight. I never got picked on (thankfully), but it made me have crappy self esteem and self confidence. So I lost 70+... and still going, pounds!

... however, now people pick on me for being tiny, little, or addicted to exercise. Yeah, so glad to know people support wanting me to be healthy, smh.

1|1
    0|0
    • If you're at a healthy weight and are happy with the way you look, don't listen to anybody else, keep on being you.

• You are so right, thank you! I love being fit, healthy, and exercise makes me so happy! I'm just going to keep working to improve myself and block out anyone that disagrees with me~

• Currently pretty underweight. I'm sick of getting lectured about it by my family and being called a stick figure. I can't help it.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you're at a healthy weight, or slightly under it, it doesn't matter what your family says, you just be you.

• I keep being told I’m underweight. I’ve got jaw surgery coming up & my surgeon said I would loose some weight afterwards & I've been ordered to put weight on because I’m too skinny as I am!! 😮😮😮

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh no! Even if you can't get to your desired weight, being healthy is really the only thing that matters.

• Yup... I’ve learnt to find it annoying but otherwise not care.

0|0
    0|0
    • Aww ugly carrot I just realized the name... you’re really oretty not ugly st all and as for the thin you will look 10-20 years younger than everyone else your age growing older 😊

• I am 5' 1" and 90lbs. Well underweight. Never been higher than about 102- 103.

0|0
    0|0
    • At 5' 4" I have never gone above 98 pounds, and people always think I am younger than I actually am.

• Show All
    • Yeah I know lol but point is teen weights are considered the healthy set pints. It’s not a bad thing to weigh the sane as you did as a teen. It’s the weight we are before getting into bad habits and putting on unnecessary weight.

Anyhow as was pointed out. Your healthy so who cares 😊

• @uglycarrot I guess so. I’ll see how I feel and look when I reach my 40s lol

• I’m forever underweight. I just struggle to gain it. Everyone thinks I’m a child

0|0
    0|0
    • People always tell me I need to gain weight, and I've been trying for 5 years now, and no matter how much I eat I always stay the same.

• Show All
    • I’m not dangerously underweight, thank goodness. I’m just below the healthy line, so if I can try and eat more I can finally get to that healthy line.

• Being slightly underweight is fine, just wanted to make sure you weren't starving yourself to be thin.

• underweight.

0|0
    0|0
    • Try at stay at a healthy weight, but as long as you are happy with the way you are, you can keep on being you!

• Show All
    • 3d

You are just slightly underweight, but that's perfectly fine.

• 3d

oh no, if i gained any more pounds i'd have to lose weight so i'm at a good spot

• I'm a fatass

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes