What makes solitude different from loneliness?

I've been travelling and enjoying my own company, motor crossing, hiking, trekking, island hopping all doing these things I'm not allowed to do all alone. Somehow I find it boosting me but when it's over and I'm home I feel like a stranger lost in my own body, but I can't travel all the time Can't I...

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Solitude is chosen while loneliness is experienced due to wanting while lacking meaningful companionship.

1|1
    0|0
  • My definition is; when you are in solitude you are alone with your toughts, but when you are lonely, your toughts are alone with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Solitude is often by choice. Loneliness is a condition that most prefer to avoid

0|0
    0|0
  • Loneliness is more lonesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Solitude is usually voluntary.

0|0
    0|0
  • Solitude is when you don’t care you’re alone

0|0
    0|0
  • Many people travel to get away from themselves, their life, or something else. Therefore when they are there, the mindset is different until they return. The difference they more fully live in the moment when they are away because they aren't trying to escape.

When they get back, a part of them wants to escape so are resisting the current moment. Loneliness is less likely to exist when someone is fully in the now.

Solitude is surrender, loneliness is resistance.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Solitude is being completely alone with nobody else around you.
    Loneliness you could be surrounded by people and still feel alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Solitude is sought. A place to think, or clear your head. To listen to the wind.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your journey sounds nice. Maybe whenever you get home. You miss the nature and adventure. You experienced and saw beauty. And now you miss it. But the good news, is you have a home, bed and a roof over your head. And you can rest. And start another journey. 🙂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes