How do some people get very little sleep but aren't tired?

I sleep at ten and wake up at six for school. If I sleep any later, my head will hurt like crazy the next day, and I'll feel like I can fall onto the pavement and go to sleep. That's how tired I'll be. So, it's crazy to me that some of my classmates sleep at 2 in the morning. And wake up four hours later for school. Like, how?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They can be able to get up and "not seem tired" but the lack of sleep causes many different problems that are not visible to the eye.

6 hours or less sleep sognifically weakens various immunological capabilities of your body. It weakens the ability to focus on things and makes it harder to memorize things in long term memory.

Peak physical performance also suffers from the lack of sleep.

Prolonged lack of sleep has been said to increase the risk of cancer and various tumours due the reduced immunological capabilitites. The less sleep ypu get the more severe these symptoms usually are. A young person might not appear so tired on the naked eye but deep down nobody escapes the need to sleep.

7-9 hours is the ideal time suggested that everyone should sleep per night.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure if there's a scientific reason, but I would sleep at like 2 am from the age of 7-12, and it was very broken sleep, I think my body just got used to running on almost nothing.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• 3% of the population have a gene that allows them to function at peak levels with less than 6 hours of sleep.

The other 97% are damaging their telomeres and risking advanced skin aging if they get less than 6 hours of sleep for long periods of time.

Our body also starts a rejuvenating process at about 10 pm, and each major organ starts rejuvenating at different times of the night. You can be awake at that time, but your body will rejuvenate a lot of better if you were asleep instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because my dad thought sleep depervation was fun

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I have no clue... but I do it lol I get and average of 5-2 hours of sleep per night so it is possible... @codyccc I get ya

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol Maybe Some, hun, Caffeine. xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes