What is creating the obesity pandemic?

I’m curious what the GaG Community’s opinion on the root cause of the rise in obesity.What is creating the obesity pandemic?What is creating the obesity pandemic?
  • Poor Diet / Junk Food / Soda
    Vote A
  • Lack of Exercise
    Vote B
  • Depressed / No Motivation
    Vote C
  • Overworked / Tired
    Vote D
  • Too Much TV / Games
    Vote E
  • Recreational Drug / Alcohol Use
    Vote F
  • All of the Above / Othet
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Proceedings (Baylor University Medical Center) Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4059590/

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• There are a lot of factors that go into it but the bottom line is that we have created a society where it is beneficial to be a fat lazy piece of shit. Physical education and proper nutrition have been all but completely removed from public education. There are large quantities of cheap food on almost every corner that can be in your mouth in minutes without even getting out of the car. We have become overly sensitive and way too god damn politically correct to even be allowed to criticize poor life choices. And modern medicine has insured that many things what would have previously killed a person for living like that won't really have that much of an impact.

0|3
    0|0
  • I would say junk food. I don't exercise but I always eat home made food and I'm not fat

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Excessive calorie intake, lack of exercise, chronic stress, sedentary lifestyle, dehydration etc.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Lack of exercise and lack of self control are the only causes.

Junk food is just an easy blame scapegoat.

Lots of people eat junk food, it doesn't make you fat if you have it in moderation and exercise.

Don't ruin things for people who can actually regulate their consumption of comfort foods.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't do polls...
    Fast food, over eating and indulgence, and lack of exercise. It ain't fukkin complicated.

0|2
    0|0
  • Our society is built like that, fewer people do actual physical labor.
    Processed foods, cheap junk food.

0|2
    0|0
  • Some measure of all of the above. Good post.

0|1
    0|0
  • People are lazy and stupid.

0|2
    0|0
  • All of the above can lead to obesity

0|1
    0|0
  • Lazy people, shitty food choices.

0|2
    0|0
  • Combination of all those things.