Have you had the measles?

I come from a time before the measles vaccine do me and most people I know including my children and parents have had measles. The fear mongering around measles therefore seems pretty extreme considering I know thousands of people who have had the illness with no long term
Health effects.
  • Yes, I’ve had the measles and I’m still alive and well
  • No!
  • Yes I had measles and I died.
    Vote C

317

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so. I'll ask my mum later today. If I did get it, it must have been as a baby, but I'm thinking I probably did.

• 5d

There’s an out break in NZ at the moment and I just find it so strange that it’s all over the news and such. When we were kids parents had measles parties to
      Create exposure.

• 5d

My dad was about 51 at the time. I've never seen anything like it (and I do mean that). I was bad enough, but he was really something else. It's not just how you look, either, you feel utterly dreadful.

• 2d

Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• My son was vaccinate and still got measles, only mild but would probably have been worse if he hasn't been vaccinated

• 5d

Sometimes the get measles from vaccine , it can cause a outbreak. Natural measles was just like having the flu really, maybe not quite as bad as the flu.