Have you had the measles?

I come from a time before the measles vaccine do me and most people I know including my children and parents have had measles. The fear mongering around measles therefore seems pretty extreme considering I know thousands of people who have had the illness with no long term
Health effects.
  • Yes, I’ve had the measles and I’m still alive and well
    Vote A
  • No!
    Vote B
  • Yes I had measles and I died.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so. I'll ask my mum later today. If I did get it, it must have been as a baby, but I'm thinking I probably did.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

There’s an out break in NZ at the moment and I just find it so strange that it’s all over the news and such. When we were kids parents had measles parties to
      Create exposure.

• Show All
    • 5d

My dad was about 51 at the time. I've never seen anything like it (and I do mean that). I was bad enough, but he was really something else. It's not just how you look, either, you feel utterly dreadful.

• 2d

Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• My son was vaccinate and still got measles, only mild but would probably have been worse if he hasn't been vaccinated

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Sometimes the get measles from vaccine , it can cause a outbreak. Natural measles was just like having the flu really, maybe not quite as bad as the flu.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Had measles when I was a kid.
    Still alive today.

Had chicken pox as a kid as well.
    I remember that one hurting a lot more than measles.
    I can't even remember what measles was like.
    I definitely remember chicken pox.

I've seen an adult with chicken pox. It looks a far more painful and awful experience compared to having it as a child.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're 42? The Measles Vaccine was available in your childhood and was likely required or even given at your school. Unless you're not from a Westernized country.

1|0
    0|0
  • So many children die from it and the elderly do.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I don’t know anyone who’s died from it.. I don’t even know someone who
      Knows someone whose died from it. 🤷‍♀️ I’ve had it as have all
      My friends and siblings and children and extended family.

• Show All
    • 5d

I know one person who
      Got hearing loss after immunisation with a bad batch. I wonder if it’s the measles we are creating in labs that are now infecting people? Or just the fact that no one has natural
      Immunity anymore that has made it become more dangerous?

• 5d

wouldn't shock me. They make a lot of man made sicknesses in tubes all the time. I think another leftist idea to thin the heard.

• i had it as a kid... i also had the vaccination a bit later on because it also covers mumps, which no guy wants in later life and rubella which im told isn't good either. yes there are riskd but they are outweighed by the risks of not having the vaccination in my mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, apparently I was never vaccinnated. It's not a serious disease but the vaccinations are a good earner for Big Pharma.

1|0
    0|0
  • 19 Amish kids near where I live died over not getting vaccines. It kills children all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy protective immunization against the "fear-mongering" and lethality of such ancient diseases

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I hardly noticed when I had the measles, thought I had the flu then noticed rash later once I was feeling better. Same with when my kids had it, they had fevers that were higher than usual.

• Show All
    • 5d

I just don’t know why I don’t know anyone who has though? All my friends and family have had measles, one cousin had temporary hearing impairment. But that’s all I’ve ever heard of🤷‍♀️.

• 5d

Good question. My guess is that most people are healthy enough to combat measles virus, or have been vaccinated.
      In fairness, how many people do you know who have suffered serious complications from the flu? Yet, influenza causes tens of thousands of deaths every year

Measles stats:
      www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/measles

• Yeah Im dead now, Stupid stuff... Id take them again tho, learing from mistakes is boring and nerdy.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

More seriously, yeah I had them and I turned out more then fine :D

• I'm turning 42 this year. They gave me the MMR, and I had a severe allergic reaction to it that killed me in the late 70s.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was born in the U. S. before you, and I was administered a measles vaccine. Now, it was only for a specific strain of measles. When I was 18, I came down with another strain of measles. It was awful. I had a fever of 106! I had to go to the emergency room! It was life threatening.

Whereas it's true, most people survive the measles, it's also true that it is potentially life threatening. Particularly to certain age groups. Hence the vaccine is administered not just for protection for the individual, but for protection for the general population, particularly for people in age groups who might be particularly at risk.

1|0
    0|0
  • No never had it, I was vaccinated as kid (thankfully) and the worst I have ever gotten was when I was accidently exposed to the Norovirus aka the winter vomiting bug in 2014 - that was not fun!

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had Chicken Pox & Scarlet Fever though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Had the measles as a kid.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never had them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope I got that shot