How do you gain body confidence?

Majority of the girls in my family are slim, tall, yet well-filled out. Me, I'm on the petite, short, not-so-well-filled-out side, like size 0/small, 32A, yeah. I already workout and stuff to try and improve my physique but I'm not noticing much difference.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• When I stopped caring about what other people thought about me, and dwcidee that as long as I was still relatively healthy I could be happy. That was when I became confident in my own body.

Tldr don't give a shit what people think of you

2|0
    0|0
  • How do you think lose weight or deal with the consequences. Not only will you pass on your genes to your kid your also affecting your life expectancy and how long you have in this life with your family and friends. Your just here accepting it and asking how to get rid of it.
    It’s like saying i’m dying but how do I avoid it? Sorry what? You don’t die and live through it. You stop yourself from dying by taking the cure/ surgery.

1|0
    0|0
  • So... you dont have the curvy look that's "in" atm. I was born tall and busty with naturally full lips - and for the first half of my life.. it wasn't fashionable (Kate Moss skinny was in). Then along came the likes of Pam Anderson, Angelina Jolie etc and suddenly the features I hated were in. Fashion and society is fickle. It doesn't matter- guys have always been more attracted to confidence than anything fashionable anyway. I'd say work on a unique style that's "you" (pixie, uber-feminine with the petiteness, petite sporty etc). Own the things that set you apart from the crowd - its actually a good thing...

2|2
    0|0
  • If you dont like your body, you work on it till you like it. And by working on it you will gain confidence about it. Just for start get trainer to create diet and workout plan. Wright eating is is 80% of success.

1|0
    0|0
  • My insecurities combined with my sister “fat shaming” me, despite having a healthy weight I might add. Lead me to the lowest point of my life. When I absolutely despised myself and had the worst self-esteem.

Fast forward 5 years, I’m perfectly content with who I am and even embrace it!

But how did I gain confidence in how I look? It’s a variety of things.

1. Stop comparing yourself to others. By comparing yourself to others, you set unrealistic goals. Take what you already have and make it your strongest aspect. Example, I have broad shoulders thus I show them off by wearing sleeveless shirts.

2. Beauty is subjective. There is no “one way to be beautiful”. What someone may find ugly, others will find attractive. So honestly who the hell cares what size you are? If someone doesn’t accept you for who you are then they aren’t worth the trouble and you should move along.

1|1
    0|0
    • 5d

3 . Love yourself. My favorite way to feel better about my body is by shopping and finding hella cute clothes. Don’t be afraid to treat yourself!

Other ways that helped was writing a love letter to myself, taking selfies, and drawing self portraits. In art class you’re forced to draw portraits of yourself. In the beginning I hated it, but soon grew to like it. When you draw, you have to really study your face in order to capture every detail. In time I began to find beauty in how I look.

4. Friends/family supporting you. Lol when I complained about my belly “fat”, my bestie shouted “I don’t know what you’re talking about YOU’RE A STICK!” this snapped me back to reality and made me realize I was at a healthy weight and didn’t need to change it.

5. Compliments. Whenever you receive a compliment write it down. Once my head is filled with dark thoughts I have to be reminded of all the good things people have said to me in order to get out of that funk.

6. Be healthy! Working out and eating a good diet may help your self esteem. It’ll take a LONG time to get good results, but feeling healthy is a great feeling. DON’T OVER DO IT THOUGH! Some people take it to the extreme and injure themselves or become anorexic.

• By accepting yourself for who what you are how you look, don't give a shit about what other's anything.
    Don't compare.
    See it as an adventure.

1|0
    0|0
  • You need to eat a lot, if you work out even more to gain size

1|0
    0|0
  • Keep working out try boxing and don't worry about it you is the best you just keep going

1|0
    0|0
  • You just say fuck it and let those double chin have babies.

1|0
    0|1
  • Um... petite is a GOOD thing.

... Soo...

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I don't think being pretty curveless is a good thing though

• 5d

There's no such thing as "curveless" trust me. Petite is a good thing.

• your body is still maturing, you'll be fine.

1|1
    0|0
  • You are under 18, your body will fill out by age

1|0
    0|0
  • Hide it.. then work on it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Try the Keto diet

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I'm just too hot.

0|0
    1|2
  • You get the body you want

0|0
    0|0
  • None of what you described is unattractive or bad. Lots of people also like short and skinny.
    And you'll look younger even at 50 so there is that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes