Do you ever feel so sleepy even after you got 9 hours sleep?

I woke up pretty late today and I still felt I need more rest. After I had lunch it made me even more sleepy, maybe having a chaas drink was a bad idea, afterall. I'm trying not to fall asleep and I'm trying to concentrate on work but my eyes are starting to water which sucks.

Anyway, did you ever have those days when you felt very sleepy despite getting 8-10 hours sleep?

Do you ever feel so sleepy even after you got 9 hours sleep?
Updates:
5d
I managed to stay awake all day!! Oooh, yeah! I survived. Thanks to some chai 😂

1|6

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• yes, could be emotional exhaustion. could be your body needs more.
    could be wet weather... molds.

Listen to your body.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel best with 6 hours of sleep. Too much makes me more tired. Anything less than 3 hours and I get dangerous driving.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I really hope you don't sleep for less than 6 hours again and if you do, then please don't drive. :/

• 4d

Hahaha I always sleep less than 6 hours on work days. Maybe 4 or so, more if I can get to sleep earlier. I work at 4am

• I feel sleepy 24/7 regardless of f I get 9 or 4 hours. My body is so sleep deprived lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes that happens from too much sleep. I’ve over sleep and woken up tired and off all day. It wasn’t until I went to sleep the next time and got back on track that I felt better. The other thing could be that you physically just need more sleep. Maybe your body is really run down and needs the sleep to recharge your batteries. Sleep is never bad so if you can sleep more it will only help.

0|0
    0|0
  • only if i get up a lot in middle of night which is why that happen a to people they get up turn a lite on an it makes your brain have a hard time getting back to sleep

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It's odd I'm usually more sleepy if I sleep in than if I wake up early.. so ya. That's not fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually that indicates you have low blood pressure, out of shape lol, or its just due to depression

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Maybe first or last one is the reason or it's simply because I didn't have tea today, lol.

• all the damn time, If I dont get 16 hours I can't get fully rested lol

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Whaaaaaaaaat o. O You sleep for that long? Lol

• 5d

Not always, but if I wanna be well rested I have to πŸ˜„

• I sleep a lot but it's never peaceful sleep. There may be a reason that you're not feeling rested. If you're an active or restless sleeper (tossing and turning During sleep), it can leave you feeling tired still.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Interestingly enough if you sleep too long it can actually make you tired. Try getting 6-8 hours of sleep and see if that helps instead. Also try to not to drink caffeine in the second half of your day, it will help with sleep quality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea!!! I feel more rested after a 3 hr nsp in the day tbh

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Wow! Taking a nap usually makes me feel even more sleep, and when the night comes, I start to feel like an owl, lol

• Yeah, sometimes it takes more than one good night's sleep.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I slept too long today and I felt sleepy and was way too late for uni

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes... then you realise it's bed time and go back to sleep.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Sadly, it's still afternoon over here. I have to force myself to stay awake for 7 more hours!

• Yeah. If i sleep for 5 to 6 hrs then I m active whole day exceeding this my whole day is like em tired..

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think I know what it feels like to not be tired. No matter how much I sleep I always feel tired. My Nonna has always thought I was born tired haha

1|0
    0|0
  • That usually happens when I go 3 days without it...

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I hope you don't go without sleep very often... O. O

• I think to sleep more makes people sleepy more
    aren't i right?

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Definitely. But I didn't overslept, I'm still feeling sleepy
      :/

• 5d

should i sing lullaby for u to sleep? lol
      well wash your face with cold water, u will feel not sleepy:)

• Usually I feel sleepy, when I have a long nightsleep.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Happens with me, too.. that is if I overslept. When I said overslept, I mean getting 11-13 hours sleep.. πŸ˜³πŸ™„

• Show All
    • 5d

Or a sloth. πŸ˜ƒ

• 5d

Maybe! But I prefer to be a panda since I eat and sleep a lot! People think sloths are creepy (I don't think they are), so I'd rather be a panda. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

• RIght now this anxiety med I am rocking out, just makes so tired I can sleep the whole day and you are sleep that sounds great but trust me gaggers you don't want to sleep your whole day away it stinks...

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah my period on and I almost crash a few time (seeing as I just paid my car off right?)

So i got home and Im staying off the roads. I need to sleep

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes

usually feel more sleepy after 9 hours of sex :D

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I am so sleepy. I came home after 12 am and I went to sleep at 4 and I got a full 8 hours of sleep. But I’m still tired.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i know how them days can be and the medicines I'm on
    will make me hard to stay awake during the day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if I was Depressed... xx

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

You have been through depression? I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're doing well now. <3

• Yes sometimes sleeping all day makes me even more tired lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It happen sometimes. A glass of water in the morning helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Sometimes oversleep will actually make you more tired.

0|0
    0|0
  • I NEVER get that much sleep , normally tired as I get 6 at the most , and rarely unbroken either

0|0
    0|0
  • When I've hardly slept at all the previous nights (sleep debt).

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, mostly because the rest of the time I don't sleep well, I'm tired all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel sleepy no matter what really

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it happens a lot to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, but I just push myself through the day.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I am trying to do that, too. But I think I'll probably fall asleep, lol.

• I seem to can't fall asleep that’s my problem πŸ˜’

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

That's what usually happens to me, girly. So, I feel yoi. It can be so frustrating and such a pain in the neck! πŸ˜–πŸ˜’

• 5d

Yeah πŸ˜–

• ja..

1|0
    0|0
  • only happens to me when i don't get enough sleep

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I feel that all the time

1|0
    0|0
  • More often then not

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do sometimes. It can be a real pain.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, frequently.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup😐.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes but that's because I had a bad night